Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 3

Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.



Wow, ok so here it is, raw, and unabridged. 

When I was 19, and in a really rough time in my life, I had an abortion.  Not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for it.  Not a day goes by that I don't wonder, boy, or girl?  I wonder what (s)he would have looked like, acted like, and what my life would be like now if I would have not terminated that pregnancy.  That was my crashing point in life.  I had hit rock bottom.  I had no idea that it could go further, or that I could hurt worse.

How do you forgive yourself for something like that?  Something I now consider taking a life, I suppose I have partly left that up to God.  Most of you that know me, know I am not a religious person, well, I am, but I don't push it on people and I am not flamboyant about it.  I like to keep it within my family and to myself. But I have given that completely to God as of today and have asked for his forgiveness, as well as asking for the ability to forgive myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment