Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 9

Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.



BFFE...we always said we were best friends forever... 

Forever is a long time to be friends with someone, for them to put up with your shit, for you to put up with their shit.

We have been "best friends" for damn near 20 years, I am pretty sure it has been 20 years.  

I got married, joined the Air Force, got divorced, got out of the military, got remarried, had kids, and she moved to Nashville.

When she needed me most, I had bailed on her, when I needed her most, I didn't know how to get ahold of her.  Regardless, we were still best friends.  We could pick up right where we left off, or we could start over.  

We did just that, which one, I am still not sure.  I miss her.  I miss our conversations on the phone. I miss our annual trips home, our laughs, our sleepovers...I am sorry we drifted, I am sorry I wasn't there for her.  I wish life wasn't so "complicated."

No comments:

Post a Comment